In last few years term eco-friendly and go green have become buzz words on every commercial, product ads, listing of houses and vacation homes. The simplest way to define being eco-friendly is having a lifestyle focused on not creating harm to the environment and prevent as much harm occurring to it through our interactions and help conserving resources like water and energy.
It’s important to become environment friendly because not only shifting to sustainable lifestyle is good for planet but also beneficial for human health, budget and life quality. For this reason, we should take step to greenify our surrounding and daily life as soon as possible.
Here are tips below to tweak your lifestyle environment friendly if you are short on ideas:
1. Say no to plastic: plastic bottles and bags are everywhere, every year there are more and more filling up our oceans and landfills. To cut household plastic waste try to opt for paper bags, cotton bags, reusable and recyclable bottles, furniture’s, containers etc.
2. Conserve water: fix leaking pipes, close the running tap while you brush your teeth, use RO waste water for mopping, cleaning bathrooms.
3. Conserve Energy: Few simple ways like turning off lights when not in use, using maximum day light, purchasing energy efficient gadgets. Try renewable energy twist for example install a small solar power plant on your roof for additional power supply (electricity may still be the mainstream), switch to solar water heater, its benefit will not be only for environment but for finances also.
4. Change Travel habits: try car pool, use public transport instead of private vehicles, if your office is near ride a bicycle instead of car, get your car serviced whenever necessary.
5. Say no to Littering: one of the ways to keep our surrounding and environment clean is to stop littering. Instead put trash and garbage in dustbins.
6. Plant trees: don’t cut them unless it’s necessary and plant small trees around your home, educate others about its positive aspects.
7. Go paperless: 35% of landfill sites consists of paper waste. Going paperless is an option that will cause an average person little hardship. So, be digital it will not only protect what remains of our forest but is a cheaper option overall.
8. 3R’ of waste hierarchy: (reduce reuse and recycle) can reduce the amount of waste generated and improve the waste management process.
Other potential solutions are cordially invited
I gave you Life now it’s your turn to reciprocate- Earth